Mike (Billy Crystal) not exactly keen on partying in this new poster for Disney Pixar's Monsters, INC 3D re-release. The animated film opens on December 19th, 2012 gets ready for the prequel Monters University which opens in thraters next.
I'm sure everyone's seen this one, but here's the top voice cast of the Pete Docter, David Silverman and Lee Unkrich film - John Goodman (Sully), Billy Crystal (Mike), Mary Gibbs (Boo), Steve Buscemi (Randall), James Coburn (Watermoose), Daniel Gerson (Smitty, Needleman), Bonnie Hunt (Flint), Jennifer Tilly (Celia), Steve Susskind (Floor Manager), Jeff Pidgeon (Bile), Bob Paterson (Roz), Frank Oz (Fungus), John Ratzenberger (Yeti).
Read the film's synopsis and notes of interest below the latest image.
Monsters, INC 3D International Poster:
“Monsters, Inc.,” one of Disney•Pixar’s most beloved and visually imaginative feature films ever, returns to the big screen to delight a whole new generation of audiences and fans alike, this time in stunning 3D. The now-classic Academy Award®-winning animated comedy adventure “Monsters, Inc.” is set in Monstropolis, a thriving company town where monsters of all shapes and sizes reside. Lovable Sulley (voiced by John Goodman) and his wisecracking best friend Mike Wazowski (voiced by Billy Crystal) are the top scare team at Monsters, Inc., the largest scream-processing factory. The main power source in the monster world is the collected screams of human children—and at Monsters, Inc., an elite team of scarers is responsible for gathering those precious natural resources. Believed by monsters to be toxic, children are strictly forbidden from entering Monstropolis. But when a little girl named Boo (voiced by Mary Gibbs) accidentally follows Sulley back into his world, he finds his career in jeopardy and his life in utter chaos. So pals Mike and Sulley plot to rectify the mistake and return Boo to her home. But when the trio encounters an unexpected series of complications, they become embroiled in a cover-up catapulting them into a mystery beyond their wildest dreams.
Directed by Oscar®-winner Pete Docter (“Up”) and produced by Oscar nominee Darla K. Anderson (“Toy Story 3”), “Monsters, Inc.” is in theaters—again—January 18, 2013, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
The Academy Award®-winning animated comedy adventure “Monsters, Inc.” returns to the big screen—now in 3D—with lovable Sulley (voiced by John Goodman) and his wisecracking best friend Mike Wazowski (voiced by Billy Crystal) as they struggle to help a little girl named Boo (voiced by Mary Gibbs) find her way home from Monstropolis in the midst of a wild and mysterious cover-up.
• “Monsters, Inc.,” originally released on November 2, 2001, was the highest grossing animated film at the global box office in 2001.
• After 15 previous Academy Award® nominations, Randy Newman finally won his first Oscar® for the “Monsters, Inc.” original song “If I Didn’t Have You.”
• “Monsters, Inc.” and director Pete Docter were nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in the first year that category was established. The film was also Oscar nominated for Best Original Score and Best Sound Editing.
• Director Pete Docter went on to win an Oscar for Best Animated Feature for “Up” in 2009 and has also been nominated for Best Original Screenplay three times: “Up” (2009), “WALL•E” (2008) and “Toy Story” (1995).
• Co-Director Lee Unkrich made his solo directorial debut with “Toy Story 3,” for which he won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature in 2011.
• Producer Darla K. Anderson also produced “A Bug’s Life,” “Cars” and “Toy Story 3,” for which she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture in 2010.
• On June 21, 2013, Disney•Pixar will unlock the door to a prequel, “Monsters University,” that tells the story of how Mike and Sulley met in college, overcame their differences and became the best of friends.